• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Listen NOW: BBC ME -The Invisible Disease incl. Dr Charles Shepherd

Deepwater

Generally much better than I would expect from BBC. Well done! Please, BBC, keep it up.

Just a couple of niggles:
A pity the presenter didn't seem to understand that the level of biomedical research that has been done is very, very small in relation to other illnesses.
Also a pity that all the sufferers they spoke to had eventually recovered as it gives a false impression. And they lived in Scotland, where guidelines and attitudes seem to be much better, so their experience probably didn't compare with that of English ME sufferers.

Interesting that Julia Newton seemed to be saying she has been ridiculed by her peers.

EDIT Just to say of course I don't mean it's a pity the pwME they spoke to had recovered (or semi recovered in one case) - obviously delighted they have, only that it's a pity the BBC couldn't have balanced this by speaking to people who are still very ill despite all efforts.

Last edited: