• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lipkin and Hornig ME/CFS Monster Study: Microbes, Immunity & Complex Data

Sidereal

What's a debit card? I'm Manuel, I come from Barcelona, I know nothing. Well actually i'm dutch, but the rest still applies.

Just figured out my dad has a credit card btw. So i'll put some money on that. Thanks for your help everyone.

Debit card is the card issued to you by your bank to withdraw money from ATM machines. Many banks now use Visa debit and such cards which function perfectly as a credit card also.

JaimeS

NIH should fund the whole thing!

....that'd be nice. :oops:

They might seriously be able to apply for a second grant. At least, I hope that's a possibility. By showing devotion of the public to this issue, they might be able to.

Also, I'm getting confused as to what's on the Naviaux thread and what's here, but they should definitely try that Personalized Medicine Initiative.

-J

Solstice

Debit cards are now becoming common as a form of being able to pay for things online without having to use credit. Some of them are like cards used for eftpos that also have online option like credit cards.

Thanks for making such an effort to donate @Solstice

You're welcome. But it's all for selfish reasons i'm afraid :D . Oh if only i'd won this years newyears lottery, this study would be fully funded. Maybe i'll buy tickets next year.

alicec

In case you missed it, I draw your attention to this newly posted thread. A couple of quotes reinforce the significance of the microbiome based studies planned by Lipkin et al.

Blood in healthy organisms is seen as a ‘sterile’ environment: it lacks proliferating microbes. Dormant or not-immediately-culturable forms are not absent, however, as intracellular dormancy is well established. We highlight here that a great many pathogens can survive in blood and inside erythrocytes

A number of recent, sequence-based and ultramicroscopic studies have uncovered an authentic blood microbiome in a number of non-communicable diseases. The chief origin of these microbes is the gut microbiome (especially when it shifts composition to a pathogenic state, known as ‘dysbiosis’). Another source is microbes translocated from the oral cavity.

aimossy

#MillionsMissing: Dr. Mady Hornig to speak at New York ME/CFS Protest
upload_2016-9-15_5-15-16.png

aimossy

'Send the gift of ME/CFS research to someone you care about this Christmas'

http://microbediscovery.org/2016/11...rch-to-someone-you-care-about-this-christmas/

From the blog:

Why not send a gift of great biomedical research to someone you care about with ME/CFS this Christmas. We can show our love and care for each other and give hope for a better future by doing something so simple. Christmas is often a tough time for most living with this isolating and restricting illness. It’s an ideal time to help give someone a boost.

Xmas gift certificate
You can make a gift donation to Columbia University CII who need support to get this wonderful research study funded. Then you can send the person you are making the gift for the below Christmas gift certificate via social media, email or post. You can copy the image or print off the PDF.

PDF: merry-christmas-v2

AndyPR

From the Microbe Discovery Facebook page newsfeed
Our tiny Microbe Discovery Project team have made a $100.00 gift for our wonderful supporters and donors, sent with love to Columbia CII ME/CFS research. We wish it was more! XO
Thank you all so much!

http://microbediscovery.org/2016/11...rch-to-someone-you-care-about-this-christmas/
So having been inspired I rescued all the loose change from down the back of the sofa and was able to match their donation with one of my own for $100 :) Another couple of steps closer to an answer. :nerd: