• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Left side

Fuzzyhead

For a month ive had left side pressure/ cold sensations from my eye area to the back of my skull,left ear pain on and off, off balance. My left eye feels odd like tight feeling. Ive been to opticians and everythings normal. Any ideas?

Moof

Sinus, or ear, infection? I used to get labyrinthitis often, and that makes your whole head feel weird (and you fall over – a lot!) However, I've never had it on one side only, so may be a complete red herring. Hopefully someone else will be able to make a better suggestion!

jesse's mom

I have post nasal drip and have sneezing attacks in the mornings, it seems to be worse if I eat any sugar or empty carbs. For me I have what seems to be allergies. There are many people on this board educated than I am. I just try to notice what is going on with my body.

I tend to sleep flat on my back because of neck problems, I have a sore throat from sinus drainage most mornings.

My daughter sleeps on her right side, when she gets an earache it is usually on the side she sleeps on. She had mono a few years ago, I keep a close watch on her. Her energy level has never been quite the same. She does not have CFS.

Warm damp compresses in the morning might help some. On that left side sinus and ear. If you live in a cold dry climate, try a humidifier at night.