• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

KPAX Synergy (methyphenidate/Ritalin) trial results are out

barbc56

@Sidereal

I am on Zoloft. I can't take the SNRIs. If you are going to get a reaction it happens when you first start. That's why you start on a very low dose and if I remember correctly, it takes about 3-4 weeks to get to a therapeutic dose.

After that the odds go way down. The incident rate is not very high to begin with but it's something to watch.

I need to look up how long it takes to get to the therapeutic dose. But you start with a blister pack which gives you the daily correct amout for those weeks.

But talk to your doctor about this.

Barb

ETA It takes five weeks to get to the therapeutic dose.

Last edited:

cb2

would love some thoughts on this. I am trying to replicate the synergy trial but i dont do as well on ritalin as adderal.

is there a big difference between adderall and ritalin?
i have been taking a low dose adderall and find it helps alot with mood and motivation (energy). I want to replicate the synergy trail using low dose stimulant with the Kpax vitamins. I thought the adderall would be fine. however when i talked to them they said i was "over stimulating" myself and the adderall would do the opposite of the effect we are trying to achieve? I usually take only 2.5 adderall + octane energy drink +kpax and have found that is a great way to start my day.
the confusion comes in when i have tried the Ritalin i dont get the same "uplifting" feelings that i get with adderall and in fact i feel a bit grumpy and withdrawn.. sometimes the ritalin makes sound really intense. the Kpax folks are telling me the only way to get the benefits they got in the study is using the ritalin with kpax vits. any one have any thought?

thank you!

@cb2 , I have had no experience with Adderall, but I wanted to share with you my experience of replicating the Synergy Trial regimen. Two years ago I read about the Synergy trial and asked my doctor to put me on the same regimen of ritalin and vitamins. I began to feel mild improvement within a few days and continued to improve over the course of 6 months to near remission. After 9 months, I no longer needed the ritalin and only needed half the amount of KPAX vitamins I was originally taking. I would estimate that I went from functioning at a 40% level to an 85% level.

This past February (after I'd been on KPAX for one year), I got pregnant and had to stop taking the vitamins because KPAX doesn't recommend taking them during pregnancy. I miscarried for unknown reasons in Month 4 of my pregnancy and slipped back into CFS/ME symptoms again within a few months. Needless to say, I'm back to taking the KPAX, in addition to other things such as hormone supplements and probiotics. I've also adopted a low-sugar diet to round out my efforts. I believe I'm improving and I'll try to remember to come back and update you on my progress.

Best wishes to you for success with trying KPAX! I'm sure it doesn't work for everyone, but it did work for me and I imagine it could work for others, too. I find the company to be extremely responsive to my questions and very prompt in fulfilling my online orders. I've never found a single product that did so much for me, except perhaps my thyroid supplement (T3/T4).

cb2

@JDBailey
I am sad to hear about your miscarriage. that sounds very difficult.
wonder why kpax doesn't recommend them during pregnancy? 4
thank you for your kind and informative reply to my inqury. I too have found KPAX to be very responsive to my questions.
mind if i ask how much ritalin you were taking and how many kpax in the beginning? I am glad to hear you that you wer able to get by without the ritalin and sounds like not any problem coming off them?

I have been working with thyroid as well. I take NDT but can never get my FT4 levels to a decent place.

so excited to hear the KPAX helped you! i really appreciate your encouragement, it does seem like i will continue to give it a try. I have been a bit leary of using the adderall or ritalin, but i think i will try not to worry.

I am wishing you great success with your continued journey.

@cb2
I believe kpax doesn't recommend their vitamins during pregnancy simply because they cannot guarantee that there wouldn't be any impact on the infant. (No studies have been performed, etc.) Such a bummer for me!

In regards to dosage, I was initially taking 5mg of ritalin twice daily. After a month, I began to feel too jittery on this dosage and reduced my intake to 5mg once in the morning.

Thanks for your well wishes and have a wonderful weekend!