Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

KDM test results

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by Ninan, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Ninan

Ninan Senior Member

Just got these. I had to take Doxycycline to be able to go to Brussels so I guess that might have distorted some of the results. According to an earlier dark field microschopy analysis I am positive for lyme and anaplasma. Not sure how reliable they are. Still waiting for the Armin results.

Seems it's mold, twar (This could be new, my immunity has been low due to gut issues and as soon as I miss some of my huge zinc dosage, 30 mgx6/day I get a huge pressure over my chest, cold, a bit feverish and get very weak.), inflammation, past EBV (didn't guess that one). Any thoughts and help with interpretation is much appriciated!

Attached Files:

merylg likes this.
  2. Ninan

Ninan Senior Member

Armin:

Attached Files:

Mel9 likes this.
  3. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

looks like you have lyme and leaky gut, low NK cell function

high sIgA is interesting...most are low, I think. I read high means gut inflamed and infection....but I thought that's what low meant..so I am not sure. anyway, I would think high is a better sign than low

may I ask how long you have been sick?

xo

merylg and Ninan like this.
  4. Starlight

Starlight Senior Member

Hi ladies, I was just wondering if that positive test from Armin was taken around the same time as the Redlabs tests. You appear to be positive for lyme with armin but negative on Redlabs,if I'm reading it correctly ?

5. dadouv47

dadouv47 Senior Member

Belgium
    They are usually done at the same time. The big difference between those test is that the redlabs test was only for IgG/IgM and the Arminlabs is the ELISPOT. Totally different tests ;)

merylg, Ninan, justy and 1 other person like this.
  6. dadouv47

dadouv47 Senior Member

Belgium
    Hello @Ninan Don't want to make a false interpretation on your result, but I think @Daffodil is mostly right. Just wanted to point out the fact that your leaky gut doesn't seem to be that bad. Results are not in range but nothing that crazy too. He will probably focus on many other things (even if he will pay attention to your leaky guts problems).

merylg and Ninan like this.
  7. Ninan

Ninan Senior Member

I was treating my gut infection with Doxy at the time, not sure if that affected results in some way. But after that course of antibiotics my allergies/sensitivities disappeared.

I've been sick almost thirteen years, or so I thought. If this is lyme I probably caught it when I was nine, had a tick and then got what they called idiopatic arthritis. In that case it's 25 years. Extremely debilitated these days but now on a adrenal rush that made the trip possible. Adrenals are giving up though.

Gut issues are just a couple of years old though, as far as symptoms go anyway.

Mel9 and merylg like this.
  8. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

@Ninan well, if this helps, I have been sick 23 yrs...was bedridden totally but now am 40 - 45% functioning after 4 1/2 yrs with Demeirleir

Mel9, justy, merylg and 2 others like this.
  9. Ninan

Ninan Senior Member

That does help. :balloons: What did you have and get?

Mel9 and merylg like this.
  10. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

got sick after mono in 93. never recovered. never been bitten by tick that I recall. never lived in lyme area. tried Doxy decades ago but had no reaction.

DeMeirleir diagnosed me with Lyme, leaky gut and I have been on antibiotics for years. now, I am much better. still not able to work but better.

xo

dadouv47, Ninan and Mel9 like this.
  11. Ninan

Ninan Senior Member

Do you feel worse during treatment? I'm afraid I'll herx, my detox isn't working well.

12. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

@Ninan when you feel a lot worse, you tell the doc and he modifies the treatment. he doesn't really let you get in an intolerable state. also, there are various IV's and things you can do to lessen the herx. you might have to go through some worsening though.

13. Ninan

Ninan Senior Member

Good to know. Thing is my state is intolerable without treatment. Not right now since my adrenals are speeded, but when they crash as they probably will if I don't stop it in some way. (Can't since whenever I fix the infection that's driving them cortisol goes down and I crash so severly that immunity drops dead and infections come back. And adrenals panic again. And round we go until they crash.)

My detox is really bad to, can't even tolerate lechitin (helps cells detox) without my brain going numb and slow. And I can't get methylation going cause as soon as I add folate (or anything else that gives energy, like D-ribose) my adrenals go crazy. Feels like I'm stuck in catch 22 inside a maze. Not sure KDM will be able to help, I'm afraid I'll just get worse. Suspecting mold is a big issue for me too, and for that I need to detox which I can't.

14. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

@Ninan there are a number of things kdm will recommend....immunoglobulin perhaps, l-glutamine, IV glutathione, vitamin C, and various other things. i, too, was in an impossible state but made it through. seriously... i was about to take my life, it was that bad.

just knowing you are on the right track to feel better long term will help you get through it

Hanna, Ninan and MEMum like this.

See more popular forum discussions.