• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Kansas Mom Loses Custody of Son, 11, After He Gives Marijuana Speech

Wayne

I find this fairly disconcerting (and other stories like it). Can hardly believe sometimes how "authorities" feel they have a right to interfere in everyday people's lives.

Kansas mom loses custody of son, 11, after he gives marijuana speech

Banda [the Mom], a motivational speaker and author on the medical marijuana issue...is the author of a book "Live Free or Die: Reclaim your Life . . . Reclaim your Country!" that recounts her use of a concentrated cannabis oil to treat Crohn's Disease.

Last edited:

Valentijn

It's a little bizarre that they were able to get a warrant to search the mother's house. Unless the kid literally said "We keep drugs in the house," I don't see how they could swing that one.

And like in all controversial child protection cases, the gag order stinks to high-heaven.