• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Jo Bongiorno - routine and success story

Hi all,

Along with my CFS I have many Menieres symptoms and in fact this is what I was initially diagnosed with before it being changed to Labyrinthitis, then CFS.

I beleive this is where the virus started with me and the subsequent illness. (I have blocked ear feeling, dizziness, fatigue, tinnitus, etc etc)

Has anyone seen this by Joe Bongiorno?

https://joebongiorno.com/menieres-disease

It tells of his success story with Menieres and I wondered if it would help me.

Any thoughts?

halcyon

I had a similar progression. Viral illness, followed by labyrinthitis, followed by ME. The dizziness fluctuated in cycles for many months, before finally settling on a constant disequilibrium with random bouts of increased dizziness. It also caused tinnitus, hyperacusis, and tensor tympani syndrome. When I was researching the labyrinthitis, I kept coming across HSV and enterovirus as suspects. I'm negative for HSV and positive for enterovirus.

I'm not sure where you live and if you'll have access to testing, but I'd try to get tested for HSV 1 and 2 as well as coxsackie B and echovirus.