Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Is This a Tick Bite?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by cobain_justinsane, May 30, 2018.

1. cobain_justinsane

cobain_justinsane

Hello Everyone

I recently discovered what I think is some kind of insect bite behind my knee that I do not recognize. I am wondering if it could be caused by a tick?

I know it doesn’t have the bullseye rash. But it is red, had a white spot in the center and has a hard bump.

I know all bites can be different from person to person and in different areas of the body but just wondering if anyone can help identify whether this is a Tick bite or not.

I have attached several images of the area. The first 2 images are from yesterday, the day I discovered the mark and the next 2 images are from today.

Thanks

IMG_0745.JPG IMG_0747.JPG IMG_0755.JPG IMG_0756.JPG

2. Sushi

Sushi Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    From my understanding, it would be very hard to identify a tick bite by appearance, minus the bulls-eye rash (which isn't always there). Your doctor might want to test you (I think it takes a few weeks for a positive to show) or, if you are in an area with a lot of ticks, some doctors give a prophylactic round of the appropriate antibiotic "just in case."

3. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    @cobain_justinsane Can you see a dermatologist or someone who is familiar with what different types of bites look like? I had to do this recently b/c I had a spider bite. Mine did not have a bulls-eye rash and there really are not ticks in my area. The bite that I had was extremely itchy and grew to an enormous size b/c I had a horrible inflammatory reaction to it (b/c I have MCAS). I was given Clobetasol cream 2x/day and it is now gone. Do you live in an area with ticks or were you outdoors when it happened?

See more popular forum discussions.