• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Initial Montoya valcyte study

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
The initial study of 25 showed dramatic improvement in 21 patients. Does anyone know or in contact with anyone in that initial study and can report back on how they are going now. Are they still greatly improved or had to go back on av's etc?

Also interested to hear from others who have greatly improved on valcyte and able to maintain most of this progress when off valcyte.

cheers!!!

undcvr

U hv the link to that ? That's an unbelievably hi success rate. How long were his patients on the AVs for ?

And what does it mean that if you come off the AVs and you relapse ? Does it mean that there is something else behind the CFS besides the Herpesvirus or does it mean that you just need a longer time on it for it to work ? At least Lerner seems to think so but he worked out a period of 7 years before it is completely gone from the body.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
U hv the link to that ? That's an unbelievably hi success rate. How long were his patients on the AVs for ?

And what does it mean that if you come off the AVs and you relapse ? Does it mean that there is something else behind the CFS besides the Herpesvirus or does it mean that you just need a longer time on it for it to work ? At least Lerner seems to think so but he worked out a period of 7 years before it is completely gone from the body.

no link but easy to find in a google. It was his initial valcyte study(2007?), but his second study wasnt as successful, they think due to other co-infections. The first study i think were hand picked with just hhv6/ebv. And yes i think montoya does now think that 6 months is to short for treatment and i believe he was in contact with lerner. I think the way montoya is studying alot more pathogens in cfs through stanford that he is probably going to group patients into sub groups accordingly. Reading through a few old threads i believe that montoya starts patients on alot lower doses now and slowly builds up as this helps avoid negative reactions that have occurred in some, would be good if someone could clarify this for us.

cheers!!!