• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

INIM looking for volunteers for a study using exercise rehabilitation protocol

me/cfs 27931

When I recently spoke with Klimas, she tried to recruit me into a 3 day program that included quite a bit of exercise (I'm male, so this was a different program from the flyer).

I'm moderate ME/CFS, and after consideration, I decided that flying to Florida and exercising would probably require several weeks of recovery. And I'd have to recruit my sister to care for me on the trip. Whereas at home I'm fairly self-sufficient (I don't like being totally dependent on others).

In the end, I decided it wasn't worth it.

Edit: I'm sending Klimas my 23&Me DNA results for her genetic study, though.

Last edited:

*GG*

When I recently spoke with Klimas, she tried to recruit me into a 3 day program that included quite a bit of exercise (I'm male, so this was a different program from the flyer).

I'm moderate ME/CFS, and after consideration, I decided that flying to Florida and exercising would probably require several weeks of recovery. And I'd have to recruit my sister to care for me on the trip. Whereas at home I'm fairly self-sufficient (I don't like being totally dependent on others).

In the end, I decided it wasn't worth it.

Edit: I'm sending Klimas my 23&Me DNA results for her genetic study, though.

Not a female either. I wonder what they compensate to be in the study. Some are not much money for you pain, suffering and energy!

GG