• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Impact of high DHEA?

roxie60

When I had the ACTH STIM test last week they also tested DHEA-s and DHEA, Cortisol and Prlactin (they dd not test ACTH for a baseline).

I have reported the STIM results in another thread but I picked up the actual labs today and found it looks like they did a DHEA-s and DHEA before and after (there are two labs for each one).

8/31/13 1:03 AM
DHEA - 8.960 High range (0.60-5.73 ng/ml)
9/01/13 9:44PM
DHEA - 2.160 range (0.60-5.73 ng/ml)

This one makes even less sense two different results, same collection date and time, same resulted date and time, I dont know which one should go first, not that it seems to matter.
08/30/13 10:45AM
DHEA-s 148.9 mcg/dl range(8.0-391)
08/30/13 10:45AM
DHEA-s 135.3 mcg/dl range(8.0-391)

I am assuming the flag on the after (and I am assuming it is after) being high is due to the STIM test, is that expected? The lab/s say they were collected at the same time 912:01) but the 'resulted times' are different. One result is 8/31 and the other is 9/1. Are they checking the same blood just over a period of time? So forget the before an after time above. Going to put reuslt dates instead since it appears it is from the same collection.