• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I love this New Podcast with Ron Davis 6/15/17

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
I've had a listen to this. I love to hear Ron talk it's always such a hopeful positive experience.
Something that caught my attention at the end was a reference to Whitney having briefly improved. Does Ron say that this improvement followed a fever? Or am I misunderstanding? I have been wondering why a fever would lead to an improvement.

Yup correct. Anyones guess at this point.. Maybe it transiently shifts a chronic immune activation somewhat, giving symptom relief

ljimbo423

After about two hours, CFS patient samples showed an increase in electrical impedance which is not seen in samples from healthy controls. Dr. Davis likened this to seeing PEM at a cellular level.

I listened to Ron explain this. That's the first time I've heard anyone directly connect the increase in electrical impedance to PEM. This gives me a clearer picture of PEM. Thanks for posting this.:)

Speaking of which, my PEM seems to be coming on sooner and I am recovering sooner from it. Hopefully some of the things I'm doing are helping to move me in the right direction. Nice to know someone like Ron is helping to figure this out!

Hilary

Thanks for posting this @JaimeS - I couldn't follow every detail of the bit in the middle about the technology Ron is developing, but as a non-scientist I found most of it very accessible. Listening to him does just turn up the volume a little on that sense of hope which some days is so elusive...

Hope you're feeling better:hug:

Starsister