• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hypertension can possibly be autoimmune

sillysocks84

With the knowledge that pots and cfs/me very well could be autoimmune and that some with us develop hypertensive blood pressure, here is an article from last year relating why they think up to 20% of hypertensive cases are actually an autoimmune phenomena. I'd love to hear any thoughts or more info on this. I know there was a girl on here treated with ritux that had high bp that dropped. See link below for the article about high bp being possibly autoimmune:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-...through-in-fight-against-hypertension/6760270

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
I think it`s a compensatory mechanism of disrupted circulation. My diastolic value goes up by almost 20 when standing, I will closely monitor if this stops if i respond to rituximab.

Last edited:

sillysocks84

I think it`s a compensatory mechanism of disrupted circulation. My diastolic value goes up by almost 20 when standing, I will closely monitor this stops if i respond to rituximab.
Please let us know how it goes! When do you get treated?