• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hydrogen (H2) therapy, helpful for ME/CFS patients?

Emootje

Hydrogen (H2) is a strong anti-oxidant with anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic effects. H2 has a number of advantages as a potential antioxidant. First, it has favorable distribution characteristics with its own physical ability to penetrate biomembranes and diffuse into the cytosol. Excessive oxidative damage is a major factor because the mitochondrial respiratory chain is a significant source of damaging reactive oxygen species; however, despite the clinical importance of mitochondrial oxidative damage, antioxidants have been of limited therapeutic success. This may be because antioxidants are not selectively taken up by mitochondria. As H2 effectively reaches the nucleus and mitochondria, the protection of nuclear DNA and mitochondria suggests preventive effects on lifestyle-related diseases, cancer and the aging process. Moreover, H2 passes through the blood brain barrier, although most antioxidant compounds cannot; this is also an advantage of H2.

CPD-17-2241_F1.jpg

H2 decreased the expressions of pro-inflammatory factors:
TNF-alpha, IL-6, IL-1beta, CCL2, IL-10, TNF-alpha, IL-12, ICAM-1, HMGB-1, NF-kappaB, PGE2
H2 up-regulates:
PCNA, bFGF, HGF, IFN-gamma
H2 down-regulation:
i-NOS, VEGF
H2 inhibited the phospahorylations of:
MEK, p38, ERK, JNK, Lyn, Syk, PLC gamma 1, gamma 2, Akt, ERK1/2, JNK, p38, cPLA2, ASK1

Methods to ingest or consume H2:
  • Inhaling hydrogen gas
  • Drinking H2-dissolved water (hydrogen water)
  • Taking a hydrogen bath
  • Injecting H2-dissolved saline (hydrogen saline)
  • Dropping hydrogen saline onto the eye
  • Increasing the production of intestinal H2 by bacteria
H2 therapy-0.JPG
H2 therapy-1.JPG

Recent Progress Toward Hydrogen Medicine: Potential of Molecular Hydrogen for Preventive and Therapeutic Applications.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I am trying this with molecular hydrogen tablets that dissolve in water. So far (a few days) I am finding it powerful—almost too powerful—as the detox response has been intense. Next I will try a half dose but it is definitely doing something.
Just tried a half dose, this is very interesting. It may be helping with inflammation too--too early to be sure.

Emootje

Sounds promising Sushi! Did a hydrogen water trial without any effect. I used a cheap questionable capsule so thinking about to give it a second chance with tablets. What brand tablets did/are you using?

Sushi

Sounds promising Sushi! Did a hydrogen water trial without any effect. I used a cheap questionable capsule so thinking about to give it a second chance with tablets. What brand tablets did/are you using?
In this case I think that the brand is very important as even with a good brand the prep is very precise: drop the tablet into 16 oz of water and set a timer for 90 seconds (the time it takes to dissolve). Then drink the whole thing down in 1 minute! I use timer functions on my smartphone. Otherwise, you lose the gas. I decided to try Mercola's brand as it is probably reputable and a bit less expensive than some of the others. It leaves a metallic taste in my mouth so I brush my teeth afterward. Aside from feeling full and a bit gassy for a bit, with the full dose I got a headache after an hour that escalated. But after a few days of detox discomfort, I woke up feeling better than I had in a long time. The half dose did not give me a headache.

(No: Such additional tablett chemicals are not realy wanted in the body.) Ah- I did find a maschine.

Compare (Vergleich „Wasserstoffbooster“ für hydrogen rich water) YT – search.
Illenesses got better– with an antoxidant healing option:

Nordenau germany (2 other places: Hita japan, Ten... Mexiko) have spring water with Healing. It is found to be hydrogen rich. They have build similar thing with little mashine. Hydrogen booster – were than produced [cost 400 €].

That principle sounds promissing. One european mashine is named: „Hydrogen Age Blue 900“ - Is that known here in Forum?? Are there people with „hydrogen water“ experience.

I became absolutely convinced that Hydrogen would be a magic cure. I tried the gas - it made me very sick. I persevered and bought a machine. It made me sick again so it's sitting in a corner unused for the past six months. However - I did buy a little water machine - it was about £200 but if you order direct from China - Alibaba - you can get the same unit for £100.

It sure hasn't cured me - but for some reason - it's one of the few things I've bought and used that I have a good feeling about. It definitely doesn't make me worse - unlike 99% of things I've tried so that's a good start. I can't say it's made me better - but when I drink it I get an intuitive 'yes' from my body so that's about the best it gets for me.

Take care - this thing is such an utter bugger - you've just got to hang in there.

Hoosierfans

In this case I think that the brand is very important as even with a good brand the prep is very precise: drop the tablet into 16 oz of water and set a timer for 90 seconds (the time it takes to dissolve). Then drink the whole thing down in 1 minute! I use timer functions on my smartphone. Otherwise, you lose the gas. I decided to try Mercola's brand as it is probably reputable and a bit less expensive than some of the others. It leaves a metallic taste in my mouth so I brush my teeth afterward. Aside from feeling full and a bit gassy for a bit, with the full dose I got a headache after an hour that escalated. But after a few days of detox discomfort, I woke up feeling better than I had in a long time. The half dose did not give me a headache.
Sushi, are you still using these? I just started them yesterday...just one yesterday. How many servings / tablets do you use per day?

Strange thing I wasn’t expecting was that I woke up this morning and th thrush on my tongue is almost GONE! I don’t see any research online about H2 being antifungal, but maybe it is.

Sushi

Sushi, are you still using these? I just started them yesterday...just one yesterday. How many servings / tablets do you use per day?

Strange thing I wasn’t expecting was that I woke up this morning and th thrush on my tongue is almost GONE! I don’t see any research online about H2 being antifungal, but maybe it is.
I am not using it every day—thanks for the reminder! I believe you only take it once a day. Who knows all the benefits—I don’t think it has been studied much. Glad that it seems to be working for you.

Learner1

This may be a silly question but doesn't water contain hydrogen and doesn't it get broken up as needed by the body? Wouldn't just making sure we are well- (but not over-) hydrated be helpful?

Wayne

My second trial with the Mercola hydrogen tablets was also without any effect :(

I just tried one of Mercola's hydrogen tablets, and I noticed a nice lift within about 15-30 min. Has stayed with me for the last seveal hours. I did it on an empty stomach (about 18 hrs since eating), though I don't know if that made a difference one way or another.