• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to improve getting up in the morning?

I don't sleep pretty much. Maybe two or three hours a night if I'm lucky. I'm always awake by 2 a.m. From then until I have to get up for work by 6 is a toss n' turn party. By the time 6 rolls around I'm just my normal, zombie self. A grand way to live!...

Belgiangirl

I go sleep between 6 and 12 pm (depending on symptoms/tiredness/obligations) and after a long night of urinating (5-10x) I have to crawl out of bed in a coma-like state around 10-11 am (...) for my "morning urination".
However I feel soooo much like on the verge of sleeping and possible half dreaming, after that i don't get asleep anymore while I still feel I need to sleep on this very moment...
But it won't work anymore and by 12 I'll get out of bed. The symptoms will clear up and might be at best before or while showering. Then I might be optimistic and think: oh this is going ot be a good day!! I feel so energetic!!
But then it declines and declines (or sometimes not)...

Whenever I need to step out of bed before that hour, I feel like hit by a train... People probably see me as lazy, weak, and everything. But I just can not function and feel like pain, numb, zombie, not being able to think, struggling with everything, dropping things, coordination problems, not finding things, even not being able to drive safely, not being able to make decisions as simple as what will i wear? .... Just cognitively nor physically i function.
And if I do stand up more early, I will not being able to prevent myself falling asleep around noon. I can fight it but when i do my quality of life for the whole period is close to 0.

Belgiangirl

But when you wake up and circadian rhytm is closely related to cortisol.
In the morning, your cortisol should spike. That's what needs to wake you up (freshly) and gets you out of bed resolutely, noticing you're ready to start the day.

For me it unfortunately comes only at noon time... after spending usually 12-16 hours in bed. :-/

If I'll be able to lengthen my days, especially getting up at 7-8 and be able to go the whole day not needing to sleep, i'll be a lucky person (and cured probably, being fully able to work full time ... that's what I hope). But from the moment I set my alarm to do this, I become a wreck and my rhytm and everything is distorted for weeks.... still i'm convinced there should be a way to stretch my days again. Though I'm still at the point where I hope not to be extremely tired and not having to much symptoms for this few hours i am awake in 24 hour-period.