• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How long results back for HHV6, CMV, c.pneumoniae at Labcorp

Sinclair

Does anyone know how many days takes Labcorp for reporting back your results for the following AB blood tests?

IgG HHV6
IgG CMV
IgG c.pneumoniae

Thanks!

halcyon

I didn't have CMV tested through them for Dr. Chia since I already had that done, but I had coxsackie B, echovirus, C. pneumoniae, HHV6, and creatine kinase done. I had the blood drawn on the 2nd and it says the results were reported on the 10th. It took another 2 or 3 weeks after that for LabCorp to send me my copy of the results. When you check in to get the blood drawn make sure you ask them to send you a copy of the results as well.

Ema

If you call their customer service number, they can tell you how many days the testing takes for sure.

I usually have results in 3 days or so and I have them faxed so I get them as soon as they are released.

Sinclair

Many thanks @halcyon and @Ema !!!

I actually have IgG + for CMV, C.pneumoniae, EBV, and, I may assume VZV (chickenpox at 17 y.o), however in my country, titers are not reported, thus without titers I cannot know whether these are of concern or not.

Dr. Chia ordered cox B and echo panels from ARUP through Labcorp, of course.

I was aware of the 2-3 weeks in advance but I decided to come just a week before my appointment by the end of December, get the blood drawn at Labcorp, and having the appointment in person with the higher number of results I can show at the appointment (those from my signature below, included) and waiting for the other results (ARUP, I assume) for the phone call follow up.

Being there for three weeks before or postponing the appointment until April-March, were not appealing alternatives to me...thus I hope to have those IgGs titers within this week....this is the idea....

Thanks again for your reply!