• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How EMFs damage your health

Wishful

I did a quick check of other literature in that area, and it looks like it's a lot of speculation without actual physical evidence. EMF does induce voltage in structures, but tiny channels in cells seem unlikely to capture much EMF energy. I'd want to see a proper study of how much voltage would be generated in the calcium channels in-vivo. I certainly didn't check all 26 papers that he claims "all show that EMFs work by (this process)", but the papers I did check seemed to imply or suggest, rather than 'show'.

I'd ignore anything in his writing past the claim that EMFs affect calcium channels until he provides some actual proof of that claim. My guess is that a computation of the formula for voltage generated in a structure, given the structure's size and the wavelength of the EMF will give an incredibly small result. I'd do it, but I'm suffering from PEM at the moment.

Wishful

When I googled resonance beings of frequency, I clicked on that "debunked" and then https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4352 which pretty clearly explained why the resonance stuff was nonsense.

As for the doctor's (who makes money from health scares) experiment, I didn't find any indication that anyone did a peer-reviewed trial, so it sounds like quackery to me. Do cell-phone towers get covered in mold? Does your cell phone get covered in mold?

We have enough real health issues to worry about, we don't need people making up fake ones.

Mrs Sowester

Electricity makes plants grow better. At events with temporary mains installations the grass grows more vigorously around the cables.
It's known as electrotropism in botany.