• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How do you know what stage you're in?

Johnskip

How do you know? I have a very hard time doing everything and sometimes can't do them it all but if I'm able to move the power of the mind can be willed into doing anything you want like continuing to body build at all costs and the suffering is severe but it's also severe for mentally to decondition and who knows if I'm past the point of recovery because I have been living in pem for a very long time and it has certainly progressed but I don't want to just sit around and lay down the rest of my life I only got one another email words if I knew I wasn't going to get any better I would do as much as I could without pushing the limits and suffering the consequences than just laying in bed I hate laying down

*GG*

A lot of times you do Not know what stage you are in, particularly if you are Not severe. When you are moderate, things might seem ok, but after 1 or 2 days of lots of exertion, you get hit with fatigue, pains and brain malfunction (fog).

Seems like you have people that depend upon you, so I would look into CoQ10 and L carnitine fumarate to help nourish your body, and not deplete yourself to much!

GG

maybe some day

Since cfs is so erratic, its nearly impossilbe to/ or at least for me, gauge what stage Im in. Dont concern your mind with excessive worry on where you should be with your body. Focus on the moment, as it will help you the most. One could easily take a downward turn for no reason. Its the nature of the beast. That alone is tough for the mind to grasp

alex3619

In order to talk about what stage, we have to know what you mean by stage? Severity? Duration? Something specific?

There are a whole lot of ways to assess function and risk in all this. It depends on what you are looking at. For example there is a lot of discussion on PEM in this form as a result of activity, and ways to manage that. Management can include changes to exercise methods or in diet or in supplements, and even some low dose drugs.

To be even diagnosed under most diagnostic criteria you need to lose a lot of functional capacity, often more than 50%. That qualifies as mild. Very severe probably have under 1% functional capacity, though I could be wrong about that.

There is also the issue of illness duration. Those who have been ill under 3 years have a different biochemical pattern to those who have been ill much longer, involving cytokines.