• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hot springs - have you thought about it?

Hi all,

In this journey of my illness with severe pain in the nerves (head, legs...), I discovered that hot springs are a very effective and cheap way to ease symptoms, or even eradicate them.

I experimented with hot springs in Greece and I have been offered my best days. Meds and rest offered me just nightmares.

The thermal town of Aidipsos in Evia (near Athens) is famous from the ancient times for its healing powers. A Roman emperor even was healed from a pathisis he had.

I also read that in Kavala there are baths people can have with therapeutic mud.

I know that Greece is far but maybe you would like to take a look.

I was impressed myself:

http://www.visitgreece.gr/en/leisure/wellness/thermal_baths

http://www.thermalsprings.gr/index.php/en/thermal-springs/search-by-affection

Cheers

I'm okay with heat some of the time. I like hot baths to boil the pain as long as it isn't for too long.

I've been in natural hot springs in Iceland, New Zealand and Peru, they were lovely and warm but no health benefits for me :(

Wishful

I didn't notice any particular benefit from a hot bath. I doubt that natural (organic, polyunsaturated fat-free, etc) would be different.

mhrps: I hate hot weather too. I moved to the Edson area of Alberta (west of Edmonton). I had frost this July, as well as in mid-August. Constant cool should arrive soon (Ahhh!). We had a few hot days, but mostly moderate or relatively cool. I prefer -40C to +40C. At least with the former I can put on more clothes and be comfortable.

daisybell

There's a thermal pool 10 minutes from me. I go sometimes if I'm really stiff and sore. The water is warm, not hot so I can tolerate it ok. If it's too hot, I feel awful. The warm water does help a bit with sore muscles.