• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Homeopathy, Unexpected Results

OkRadLakPok

I did too much exertion (really overdid it, almost got rhabdo) and started to take several remedies. I read a lot of about AFTER since I started to do it.
At first I thought it MAY be placebo, so I was not sure it would DO much but was in a lot of pain. So I took the remedies.

Suddenly I got exhausted. Then hot. Then hurt all over. Then it stopped. This happened a lot. I started to research what homeopathy was.
NOTE: This was not that I researched it first. I did not know about things like the Law of Cure , how it reverses and things like that. It is really weird how it works.
I do get a lot of relief.

I may not be doing it 100% right, but it is really helping.
When I have a lot of pain I can hardly move my arms and fingers hurt so bad. I take the remedies and then I have to lay down. Then I get hot and then it gets way worse. Cannot even move. Then it stops!

My dr said this injury may take a week to resolve. I will be doing this till it gets better. This has been the one thing that helps.
I am glad there are some here who believe it works.
I will report how it goes over the week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to hear that you're feeling better.

The ideas and practice behind homeopathy really don't fit in with what we know about physics and medicine, and there's no evidence that it really helps anyone, but that doesn't stop it being good that you're feeling better!

When you say you overdid it, do you mean in 'normal' terms (i.e. what would medically be expected to cause rhabdo) or overdid it in 'our' terms and got rhabdo? I ask because chills and frequent/dark urination have been a symptom of mine in the early days when I was still trying to work.

OkRadLakPok

No, I really over did it. I was in a good period and went to the gym and went way too far. It is the dx of "traumatic myaligia" on my way to rhabdo but for a trainer. I just hate being a non-athlete . I was such an athlete before. SO FRUSTRATING! I know what it is like to not be able to get out of bed and I was happy to be in a good phase. Now i am afraid of good phases.

Skippa

Anti-BS
If you've ever drank water, then you've already consumed every single homeopathic remedy in existence, and a lot more besides.

However, that said, I've noticed a lot of "homeopathic physicians" (and I use the term physician very loosley) also hand out *actual* remedies/treatments, things not just related to "true" homepathy... More naturalistic than homeopathic, so it is true you *coulda* got something that is actually more than just water...

However, that said, I've noticed a lot of "homeopathic physicians" (and I use the term physician very loosley) also hand out *actual* remedies/treatments, things not just related to "true" homepathy... More naturalistic than homeopathic, so it is true you *coulda* got something that is actually more than just water...
In Europe (or at least in the Netherlands), all naturopathic remedies seem to be labeled as homeopathic. So it can include the strictly-defined homeopathic magic water pills, but also supplements, herbs, and even vitamins ... things which do have practical doses of active ingredients.

I buy "homeopathic" toothpaste here to avoid the stuff that has always made my mouth burn (surfactants and/or carbonates). It still has the mild abrasives which make toothpaste effective, but is categorized as homeopathic, simply due to not having the processed chemical agents.