• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hemispherx Biopharma Renews Sales, Marketing, Distribution and Supply Agreement... CFS treatments

shannah

August 8th, 2016:

SCN's Jane King Interviews new CEO Thomas Equels of Hemispherx BioPharma Inc. (NYSE: HEB) (10:04 min)

Seeking Approval for Ampligen Internationally as well as US - talks about how misunderstood 'CFS' is

MEPatient345

@Riley and @LaurelW, can either of you say where you are being treated w Ampligen?
I spoke to someone at Lapps office about 6 months ago and she said it was on backorder. I wonder if it's now available.
Also, were there specific blood markers that made you good candidates?

Riley

@Riley and @LaurelW, can either of you say where you are being treated w Ampligen?
I spoke to someone at Lapps office about 6 months ago and she said it was on backorder. I wonder if it's now available.
Also, were there specific blood markers that made you good candidates?
@Silencio I am a patient at Dr. Lapp's clinic. Yes, there is still a medication shortage, and new patients are not being enrolled until that is resolved. Nobody knows when that will be, however in May they told us six months. That would put us in November, so hopefully the supply will be replenished by then.

The shortage is on Hemispherx's end so it affects all trial sites the same (not just Dr. Lapp).

Dr. Lapp enrolls patients based on clinical presentation. There are no blood markers that indicate whether a patient will respond or not.