• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help with SNPS, +/+ for MAOA, VDR TAQ, BHMT-08

I was diagnosed with CFS at age 16, 18 years ago. Gotten myself a lot better, but far from well.

I revisited methylation after reading Amy Yasko's information. I have always had macrocytic anemia. So has my father. We both have food allergies, fatigue, and insomnia, but I am worse. I have had a lot of anxiety and depression. I have very low blood pressure (80/55-100/60) I had some childhood abuse and chronic depression from about age 9, but my current illness began with stress, hives, and food poisoning. Then I had dozens of food allergies, flushing, severe depression and insomnia. I pee a lot. Mildly bipolar. IBS. Sore muscles are a no no.

Here are my methylation pathway SNP's from Genetic Genie. The rest were -/- or No Call:

COMT V158Mrs4680 +/-
COMT H62Hrs4633 +/-

VDR Taqrs731236 +/+

MAO-A R297Rrs6323 +/+

MTHFR C677Trs1801133 +/-
MTHFR 03 P39Prs2066470 +/-
MTHFR A1298Crs1801131 +/-

MTR A2756Grs1805087 +/-

MTRR A66Grs1801394 +/-

BHMT-02rs567754CT +/-
BHMT-08rs651852TT +/+

CBS C699Trs234706 +/-
CBS A360Ars1801181 +/-

Here are some of my experience with supplements and other things:
Methylfolate: fatigue, depression, sounder sleep
hydroxycobalamin injections: wonderful for a while, then stopped working, then more fatigue when I quit
Methylcobalamin: Only take 5000mcg occasionally. Didn't notice anything.
Magnesium: dopey, tired
Vitamin D, Vitamin K2, Vitamin A: depressed and tired
Fish oil: EPA good, DHA bad
Any psyochotropic drug that pushes serotonin is bad
Parnate: good-ish. Less serotonergic MAOI. More than full dose causes insomnia big time.
Lithium carbonate: seems to protect from the depression that results from inhalent allergies
Helminthic Therapy (hookworms): Big increase in energy
Specific Carbohydrate Diet: I get to sleep and have more energy.

Thank you for responding. I appreciate your generosity :)