• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

HELP, where do I begin?

Hi, I had talked to you on the phone a while ago and I am wondering if someone who has MTHFR
or SNP's do they do metal chelation first or do they open up the methylation pathways first. I had
a detoxigenomic test and had some pretty serious SNP's CYP1B1 showed up positive.

Heterozygous SNP's:
COMT V158M liver/Gut
NAT2 l114T liver/Gut
NAT2 R197Q liver/Gut
NAT2 K268R liver/Gut
SOD2 A16V Mitochondria

Present and Homozygous SNP's:
GSTM1 1p13.3 Liver/Kidney (can't detox metals)
GSTP1 l105V Brain/Skin (can't detox metals)

My liver is completely sore, swollen and is shutdown. I'm waiting for my 23andme to come
back to give me a better understanding of what is going on but everything I try to take weather
it be for methylation or chelation makes my liver hurt more and then it burns and makes my entire
stomach burn. I don't understand what is going on or what I should do. All I know is my liver
is so shut down that my heart rate/blood flow/blood pressure is really low, brain feels swollen, I'm
freezing and dead tired all the time, my eyes are blood shot red and dry, and my entire stomach is
extremely bloated/inflammed. I also have a ton of infections like lyme, mycoplasmosis, anaplasmosis,
candida albicans, histoplasmosis, epstein barr virus, and Q Fever. I have not left my house in over 2
months, my pancreas keeps swelling and no doctor, natural or conventional knows what to do for me.
I now have decided today that I need to just drink juice because I can't handle anything else. I tried DMPS .5mg every 6 hours yesterday and I reacted horribly to that as well. Liver pain/inflammation, bloated stomach, heart rate dropped. The same thing happens no matter what I do. I just don't know where to start on getting my liver to work. I think it's congested with toxins and metals so it is barely functioning.

Any advice or help at this point would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you
Veronica

ukxmrv

Hi Veronica,

I have the MTHR mutation but it wasn't done through 123andme. My experience was that I had seperate testing for metals. All of these were negative so I've not done any treatments.

Not had much sucess with the methlyation protocol stuff but then I've not tried the lastest program that Rich put together before he sadly passed away. Did try one of the earlier ones.

Hope someone can advise you better.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
if your liver function test is ok it could be worth going after and treating those infections you have with antibiotics and antivirals. nac and lipoic acid help liver function and can help prevent damage from medications too.