• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help Understanding HLA-DR

Hey Guys,

This is my first post so excuse me if something like this has been asked before hand. So I am currently recovering from mold exposure (which took my about 2 years after going thru numerous doctors and having multiple blood tests, CT and MRI scans to figure out) and aside from taking the CSM, have added the methylation protocol, high dose fish oil and phosphatidylcholine choline to my regimen.

I am partially recovered, however I still get mild PEM after extremely tense workouts and still have residual brain fog.

My question is, besides the increased susceptibility to mold induced illness due to variations in the HLA-DR genotype, what more do we know about how HLA-DR interacts with specific known mycotoxins that result in proper or improper clearance from the system? Most of the literature that I have read looks at the resulting increase in inflammatory markers rather than addressing this question. Could any of you point me to resources and/or elaborate on this?

Hope I have made myself clear!

Thanks

Forebearance

I don't know the answer to this. I wonder if anyone has studied it.
I'm sorry to say that I don't know of a good place to point you in regard to how HLA-DR haplotypes would cause the immune system to interact with specific known mycotoxins.
I hope your recovery continues!
Forebearance