• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help needed with Yasko results - brain fog - calling all Triffids

sianrecovery

I'm not sure why I cant get these to make any sense for me; I just can't.

Any takers?

I am attaching a short version - and the long, full doc if any one wants to see what you get for your money with this Yasko set. I wasn't that impressed with the long list of expensive supplements recommended, and didn't feel the info was particularly user-friendly. Or maybe I'm just making excuses.

thanks in advance

Sian

Attachments

• actual results.pdf
    273.6 KB · Views: 36
  • A. MPA Test Results 7794.pdf
    991.2 KB · Views: 21

adreno

PR activist
Your results look pretty good, no homozygous SNPs, and only a few heterozygous. I would look elsewhere than genetic causes for your problems.

aquariusgirl

Wow. Looks pretty clean to me... There is a yasko yahoo group.. i think everyone posted their yasko genetic panels in the files section.....if u want to compare.. but you got nothing compared to me.

If your issues started with genetics.. they don't seem to be the SNPs on that panel...

sianrecovery

thanks guys, you've made me a happy woman - one less expensive blind alley. I have plenty of genetic stuff - a kidney disease, and potential BRCA 1 or 2 - I don't need more. Yay!

I'm a little jealous of your methylation profile. It looks so much better than mine! Just curious, but were did you your information on genetic snp's and kidney disease?

I know there's so many other things to look at from a genetic standpoint than methylation.

sianrecovery

The kidney disease I was diagnosed with in my twenties when my kidneys started calcifying and caused recurrent infections (like my mother) - the BRCA 1,2 thing I am awaiting testing for - she died of breast cancer, and my brother has recently been diagnosed with a rare, advanced bilateral breast cancer. I also tested positive for the multi-susceptible HLA DR gene talks about in terms of biotoxins, and for HPU - which some people think has a genetic component. Yes, I share your sense that much of the ME population has inherited susceptibilities that make them more vulnerable to a variety of problems.