• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hello-I'm a newbie to this site

Hello, my name is Sam Ceccola. Some of you may have read newspapers, magazines, blogs, etc. about me. I have survives 5 different primary cancers, stem cell transplant, many recurrences of those cancers and other life threatening health situations. Just to list those articles if you would like to read them, they are:
1. http://www.woodartbysam.com/Ceccola.pdf
2. http://www.woodartbysam.com/UncleSam.pdf
3. http://www.phillyburbs.com/blogs/wor...5a545728e.html

I have read many of the post on this site and I am amazed at the wonderful positive attitude people have. I have always believed, ATTITUDE is a positive cure.

In October 2010, I was tested for XMRV. They used my blood and bone marrow. Both areas results were positive. My wife has fibromyalgia and CFS. Within the next 3 or 4 days we shoud be receiving a serology test kit from VIP. They are now testing my wife to see if she has XMRV.

If you read #3 above, this article has a focus on XMRV.

Thanks for listening and always remember, those of you that are reading this--"We are the ones still waking up on the green side of the grass".

Sam

Daffodil

hi sam. we have corresponded by email before. i hope your surgery went well.

sue
xoxo

ukxmrv

Hi Sam and welcome,

We did read about your in the article plus many of us know about your wife and the XMRV testing.

It's good to have you here.

For myself the word positive doesn't really do much. In fact I hate the word. I'd prefer to be called a fighter or have my fighting spirit admired. Positive has too many bad connotations for me and it's not been a cure at all. I've spent all of my adult life with this horrible disease (ME) and it has been a living nightmare. So many PWME are spending their lives in bed or at home with the green grass a distant dream.

Really appreciate your struggle and what you have faced so far. We are all different and your story was a real inspiration. My husband is a cancer survivor as well. Thank you for your bravery and speaking out about XMRV.

Just really sorry that you have this horrible virus as well. Hope that your wife gets an answer as well.

XMRV+ in the UK

*GG*

Yes, welcome to the forums! I read a little about you, your like the comeback kid or something to that effect. Hope you can help spread some postivity on this forum, there are lots of people that are really hurting, and have been for decades, who just feel like they kept getting buried (medical sytem, research etc...).

GG