• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has Dr Diana Driscoll ever said what the root cause of POTS is?

She has said that it's an anticholinergic agent, but has never said what exactly. Does anyone know? Maybe someone has been to her clinic and can say what they found? Is it a fungus? Bacteria? Virus?
Also, I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum.

kangaSue

POTS is a product of autonomic dysfunction, a defect in acetylcholine signalling affecting vagus nerve function I think was what Dr Driscoll was getting at.

Antibodies to adrenergic and (muscarinic) acetylcholine receptors are another factor to result in POTS andI've become aware recently that a lot of people who have left renal vein compression (Renal Nutcracker Syndrome) also have POTS.

Dr Driscoll was looking at increased intracranial pressure as a big factor which is something that can occur in those with LRV compression where excess venous pressure is refluxed into the spinal tract, something called midline congestion syndrome.
http://scholbach.de/en/wissenschaft...elliniensyndrom-mittellinien-stauungs-syndrom

No, she clearly states in her presentation videos I have seen around here that it's an anticholinergic agent. All the other stuff are symptoms.

jason30

POTS is a product of autonomic dysfunction, a defect in acetylcholine signalling affecting vagus nerve function I think was what Dr Driscoll was getting at.

Antibodies to adrenergic and (muscarinic) acetylcholine receptors are another factor to result in POTS andI've become aware recently that a lot of people who have left renal vein compression (Renal Nutcracker Syndrome) also have POTS.

Dr Driscoll was looking at increased intracranial pressure as a big factor which is something that can occur in those with LRV compression where excess venous pressure is refluxed into the spinal tract, something called midline congestion syndrome.
http://scholbach.de/en/wissenschaft...elliniensyndrom-mittellinien-stauungs-syndrom

Thanks! Very interesting to know since I have less POTS symptoms when I take choline bitartrate.