• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone tried the nootropic Alpha Brain?

Hi all,

I was listening to a podcast this morning and the nootropic Alpha Brain was being recommended as a way to increase brain blood flow.

I don't know anything about nootropics or Alpha Brain, has anyone tried it? What were the results?

As someone who experiences brain fog and cognitive difficulties as symptoms of my M.E. I am interested in supplements that might improve brain blood flow.

(If you are in the UK like I am Alpha Brain is available from this website: http://www.xbrain.co.uk/onnit-products/alpha-brain-1)

Cheers

pamojja

Re. 'Alpha Brain', I would never recommend any supplement combination product which doesn't disclose it's ingredients. For one, you don't know what you're ingesting, therefore can't even investigate what could have been an offending ingredient, nor know at what doses of an ingredient you get what kind of effect/interaction with what you already taking. But moreover, often proprietary blends which hide it's exact ingredients most often use more of the cheaper with tiny and insignificant amounts of the more active ingredients. So you accordingly pay a high price for what could be have much cheaper and more effective.

Get nootropics separately and test each of them how well you do on each of them.

Deltrus

I've tried all the nootropics. My favorite drugs/supplements are Mr happy stack(uridine/fish oil/alpha gcp), nsi-189, noopept, blueberries, selenium, zinc, copper. And also strict no blue light before bed.

Alpha brain has bacopa in it which can potentially destroy energy but at least it is low dose so maybe that wont happen.

I actually haven't tried some of alpha brain's ingredients such as cat's claw, huperzine, vinpocetine, or pterostilbene. Maybe they will make a difference.

Forummember9922

I like it. Have tried almost all of the ingredients independently before. Certainly will say theanine is like fire, can be a best friend or worst enemy. Brand to brand theanine is very different. I like this supp combo though, a little hupA in there is probably good if people tend to have higher but not lower HR's.