• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone heard of lactobacillus reuteri?

tyson oberle

According to what I have read on wikipedia, "l. reuteri was found to inhibit the growth of some harmful gram-negative bacteria, along with yeasts, fungi, and protozoa." "L.reuteri benefits its host in a variety of ways, particularly by fighting off harmful infections (including helicobater pylori) and mediating the body's immune system." L.reuteri also "may be capable of promoting dental health, as it has been proven to kill streptococcus mutans bacterium, which is responsible for tooth decay." "L. reuteri was found to greatly reduce the amount of bacterial translocation (harmful bacteria, endotoxins, etc.) from leaking into the bloodstream." Also this gram-positive bacterium decreases fecal ammonia according to this article. I looked at the ingredients of both VSL #3 and Dr Ohhira's professional formula (which I understand or thought were the best probiotics available) and both don't contain l.reuteri. Given that many people believe that a healthy gut is crucial to fighting our condition I wonder why I never heard of anyone taking this. Are we missing something that we really need?

adreno

PR activist
I've tried it for a while. Didn't feel anything in particular, good or bad.