• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone been formally dismissed from a medical practice?

Starsister

I found out when applying for disability and talking to several lawyers, that all lawyers are not created equal.

My suggestion would be to try a couple more law firms. They might have a different opinion. At least to get the letter taken out of your medical records.
I agree with trying different firms or individual attorneys who can decide individually what cases they want. Maybe you'll get the attention of someone who can have compassion for this particular issue...attorneys are individuals with their own frustrations with the medical system.

But I know they don't take cases they don't think they can win, since if on percentage, that's the only way they will get paid. In my area, I've worried about getting on wrong side of dr because if they fire me, these large practices owned by the hospitals won't let you see another dr in the practice, which means I only have two choices in the entire city for medical care. My thoughts are with you. The best drs around here are way out in suburbs an hour drive, which is too far to drive and I have no help driving either. Keep us posted.:heart: