• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Happy Birthday, Jessica

Ember

Jessica's Story - Severe ME

CFS Patient Advocate
Sunday, March 24, 2013
Here is a video of Jessica, a young woman with Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis....

[Published on Mar 24, 2013
Seven year struggle to sit in a chair on my birthday]

Here is another film on Jessica entitled "The World of One Room...."

These videos are important.

Ember

The World of One Room
15 minutes ago
#7yrsinthemaking
I have dreamt of this moment for so many years, since I was 15 and first became bedridden suffering with severe M.E - a condition most have never heard of. My dream is only something simple to most, but so incredible to me:

'To sit in a chair on my birthday'

I've been too chronically unwell to have ever made this dream come true until today, for it is my 22nd birthday! Please do join in the celebration with us! For EVERY person out there suffering with ALL TYPES of diseases, this is to give you hope. All six birthdays that have pasted, the fight that it has taken to get here all makes sense and becomes worth it in a moment of time.

Ember

The World of One Room
2 hours ago

Jessica has typed:
There are no words that can truly define this moment. The support I have received from everybody has been completely out of this world. The only words I can manage to say, which seem rather inadequate is 'Thank you' for making a dream come alive.

I was sick, the room was spinning, but ultimately the candles were blown out in just the way I had dreamt of. Finally I can say 'I did it!'

Please keep being patient with me whilst I am unable to update you, but to have managed to get into the local news and radio has been pretty phenomenal! Are there any pages you can share the video on?!
The World of One Room shared a link.

Ember

The World of One Room
about an hour ago

Jessica posted:
Sorry I've had real difficulties uploading this article, but here is the finished article from Medway Messenger about what you wonderful people helped me achieve. Thank you for helping shine a beacon of light for severely unwell people, let us keep that light burning brightly

429397_234430236703557_598550220_n.jpg

Here's more: http://shareastar.org/documents/2012/08/medway-messenger-article.pdf

Ember

The World of One Room
about an hour ago

Jessica posted:
Here is a new article out today about my birthday adventures! Nearly a whole page! The picture at the top shows the candles on my cake with me in the chair. More awareness for severe M.E! It has been wonderful to see the community really come together, and support the cause, just like you wonderful lot too :)

I'm sorry it has been rather quiet of late, I've been trying desperately hard to get back from the dip of sitting in the chair. The amazing news was I sat in a chair but now back to work, and try to do it again without being sick! It is like being an athlete, you have to just get back into training, and try to better it next time.....if only it were that simple!
Jessica's birthday video, "Seven Years in the Making," has been viewed over 5,000 times. "The World of One Room" has been viewed well over 13,000 times.

Ember

The World of One Room
8 hours ago near London, England

“You've done it, we are past 14k views on #TheWorldofOneRoom!”
The World of One Room shared a link.
Yesterday near London, England

The World of One Room has taken a detour of sorts and in someways expanded far beyond my estimations!

The video is being translated into Czech by a wonderful lady called Klara, it will be featured in an M.E conference by Kerry Harrison, my doctors surgery have asked for a copy and people are starting to listen. People are starting to know what M.E is because all of you continue to follow this page and push it further - thank you! It has been so wonderful hearing some of the special stories of how the One Room Campaign has had an effect! Isn't that just amazing?!

Please do share this video, let us get past 14000 views and let it be all down to you!