• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Great ME/CFS & Lyme awareness videos by Ren Gill - must see

Antares in NYC

Hi gang,

I have not posted here in a while. I'm not doing well. My health continues on its spiral down despite heavy treatment, got horrible news regarding brain lesions observable via SPECT scan, and on top of things I lost my job, which now puts me in a very precarious position while drowning in medical bills. I'm at an all time low, and things keep getting worse.

Nevertheless, this post is not about me. I wanted to bring attention to the excellent video diaries that UK musician Ren Gill (our very own @trickthefox ) has been posting on YouTube as part of his efforts to educate the public on the awful realities of ME/CFS and Lyme. In these video diaries, Ren is very eloquently saying things that I could sign myself. We need to unite and demand justice, as more and more sick patients are being left to their own devices, while Lyme has become epidemic in North America and Europe, and the number of those afflicted by ME/CFS continues rising without funding, treatment or standard of care.

Hey, @trickthefox: thanks for what you are doing. I wish I had your courage, but the fear of being rejected in the workforce keeps me anonymous. People can be vicious, and the realities of looking for a job while my body feels like collapsing is just a cruel joke of life. Still, here in the States the job is my lifeline to proper medical care.
I'm not bedbound, but was at times during my battle with these conditions. Just like you, I have been diagnosed with both ME/CFS and Lyme, and getting desperate that nothing works. Nothing makes a dent.

Keep fighting the good fight. I appreciate your video diaries and the clarity of your thoughts. I agree it's time to unite and demand answers.

waiting

Hi gang,

I have not posted here in a while. I'm not doing well. My health continues on its spiral down despite heavy treatment, got horrible news regarding brain lesions observable via SPECT scan, and on top of things I lost my job, which now puts me in a very precarious position while drowning in medical bills. I'm at an all time low, and things keep getting worse

I'm really sorry to hear that your function is worse -- I hope it is a temporary relapse.

Thank you for the links. There is a lot going on right now, as you know -- both research and advocacy efforts. Although we needed these efforts 30+ years ago, it's at least some hope that our collective situation may change.

Asa

Antares, for what it's worth, I wish you continued strength and of course healing and peace of mind... Hang in there. Thank you for sharing the videos, and thanks of course too to trickthefox for creating them.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Sorry to hear things have been bad for you Antares. Great job Trickthefox!