• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gordon Medical Community Sponsored Metabolomic Study (Individual Data)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
For example this doctor & scientist appears to have had a Metabolomics test , from Metabolon, for her CFS/GI/Fatigue illness last year and mentions someone called Whitney.

You can see here giving an extensive talk about a test (she doesn't name it) at the 'Personalized Medicine World Conference (PMWC) 2016', here:
Both of those videos are interesting to watch.

The video list for Metabolon is interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MetabolonWeb/videos?sort=dd&view=0&live_view=500&flow=grid

Two other videos from "Personalized Medicine World Conference (PMWC) 2016" are done first by Andreas Kogelnik, M.D., Ph.D., Founder & Director, OMI:

and second John Ryals, Ph.D., President & CEO, Metabolon (session chair):

Sorry I don't have an answer regarding which assays are which or who is doing what.

Kati

Patient in training
I think the emphasis needs to revolve around the work of Dr Naviaux, the principal investigator. There are replications under way.

Dr Davis said this is a landmark paper and I trust his judgement.

There is more to be discovered. It doesn't end here. But Naviaux et al. is a hell of a fist step. It may actually trigger a serie of RFA's at NIH and around the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Undisclosed

Please review the following forum rule:

Rule 4: Criticize constructively, don't just dump

Critiques of individuals or organizations should be done in the spirit of constructive discourse; simply dumping on a person or organization is not conducive to the kind of conversation we strive for.

"Dumping" on an organization or a person who is not a forum member may upset members who identify with the person or organization, so we do ask members to ensure that their comments remain as constructive and positive as possible.

We do recognise that many of our members feel a great deal of pain and anger about the way they have been treated - and about the treatment of ME/CFS patients in general - and sometimes we all feel the need to 'vent' about that. But relentlessly negative attacks on people and organisations outside the forums achieve nothing and they can be upsetting and depressing for other members to read. As an organisation, Phoenix Rising aims to emphasise what we can positively achieve together. Of course that means sharing our pain, and sometimes our anger too, but we also want to maintain a positive focus on what we can do about our situation, and so we ask our members to engage on the forums in the same constructive and progressive spirit.

In some cases, negative comments about individuals can be construed as libel or defamation. Libel is a false, malicious statement published in mainstream media, and is often used synonymously with the term "defamation". A libellous statement is a statement that identifies a person, is a knowingly false statement about that person, is defamatory, and either causes injury or is likely to cause injury to the person. Legal issues surrounding libel and defamation are very complicated and vary by country. Although the legal issues regarding libel and defamation on the internet are still being defined, there have been successful lawsuits for internet libel.

Libellous and defamatory comments include statements that purposefully injure the reputation of another by exposing them to hatred, contempt, or ridicule. Allegations that a person is a thief, liar, idiot or fool, immoral, carrying a disease, bankrupt, unable to pay debts, or an adulterer, are all libellous or defamatory statements. In short, any statement that has a negative effect on a person's reputation is problematic. Using the words "In my opinion" is not protective. A statement is libellous whether one says "X is a liar" or "In my opinion, X is a liar" - if the statement concerns a matter of fact, it does not matter whether "In my opinion" is used as a qualifier or not. Libel is more likely to be an issue when a "public" figure has been libelled or defamed.

The Forum Rules state that Phoenix Rising is not legally responsible for content, but we are here to help protect individual members who may publish libellous or defamatory statements within their forum or blog posts. Some members may believe they are protected because they are using an anonymous username, but if libel does become a legal issue, an Internet Service Provider can be subpoenaed to release personal details. Any comments that are construed as libellous or defamatory comments will be removed, in order to protect the member who has made such comments.

This thread has wandered into the territory of both defamation (which has been removed) and into posting speculation regarding a person that is unwarranted, off-topic, and damaging to their reputation.

Therefore, this thread is being closed in order for the moderators to review it remove any posts that are off-topic and/or defamatory.

Again, critiques of individuals or organizations should be done in the spirit of constructive discourse; simply dumping on a person or organization is not conducive to the kind of conversation we strive for.

When and if the thread is re-opened, any member posting defamatory material will be banned from the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.