Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

GMO soy

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by OkRadLakPok, Jun 27, 2016.

1. OkRadLakPok

OkRadLakPok Senior Member

I always have serious stomach trouble when I chew that gum that is says it is non GMO. It has soy in it. It is the one you can get at the Vitamin Shoppe. Every single time I chew it, it feels like my stomach is fibrosing up, like folding up and like I am about to choke.
    This also happens with "orangic corn".
    I called the people who make organic corn ships because I heard you simply CANNOT guarantee that soy or corn or canola is organic anywhere.
    They said that the various providers sign like a PROMISE that it is organic.
    Wow. I feel great about that promise.
    I am a company selling Corn to Whole Paycheck and a million dollars rides on my "promise"
    Thanks guys,

2. Living Dead

Living Dead Senior Member

You know gum usually contains Xylitol or other sweeteners ending in -ol, right? These are "useful" for making the stomach upset. Why would you blame the other ingredients when you have a well-known "problem ingredient" that could explain the symptoms?

Also, corn contains a fructose. You may suffer from an inability to process it. Google "fructose intolerance".

3. OkRadLakPok

Ah! GREAT POINT, Living!! I totally forgot about that. I do only eat one at a time, but you never know.

4. panckage

panckage Senior Member

Vancouver, BC
    I'm confused. 99% of gum has soy in it. You need to get a specialty gum like Pur to avoid soy (it contains grit instead of soy though lol)

5. OkRadLakPok

I love pur gum. Cannot get it anywhere! Even Whole Paychecked stopped stocking it. Grrrr.

6. panckage

panckage Senior Member

Vancouver, BC
    You can get it from Amazon. I eat it because i am intolerant to soy but it's not very good. It feels like there is sand in it o_O

See more popular forum discussions.