• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gluten 'Sensitive'? lab results..

Due to a high IgE and finding further vitamin deficiencies I decided to test tolerance to foods.

IgE 139.0 KU/L 20-100
Vitamin E 8.6 ug/mL 10-19
Vitamin A 31 ug/fL 43-111

I also had low Vitamin D and B12 before supplementing. Could gluten sensitivity cause malabsorption?

F7RDL.jpg

eMTrD.jpg

d0WvN.jpg

Dm4P4.jpg

Thankfully i dont have Coeliac/Celiac disease but i am sensitive to gluten - does this mean I should cut out gluten completely?

I wonder if acne and flaky scalp, ears and face can be linked to this?

I have a high IgE yet i am not allergic to foods, hmm..? whats next? would an IgG food panel be of use?

globalpilot

I'm not sure but you could do a trial. That's what I did and it didn't help.
I had low vitamin A as well and it did come up with cod liver oil.
A trial might be the easiest if you have access to gluten free foods.

Tony

Still working on it all..
Hi jack,

If you have a sensitivity to gluten then malabsorption could be an issue. Gluten can harm the villi which we absorb our foods through in the gut. As global suggests, do a trial for (at least a month?) and see if you notice anything.

Fructose malabsorption could also play a part which you can be tested for via breath testing. I felt better without wheat and then found fructose (wheat contains a lot) was a problem for me

Good luck..:)

Struggling to find a private breath test kit in the UK. I know the NHS would just laugh in my face if I brought anything but "I have depression!" up.