• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

getting NK cell function test?

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
What does your doctor order? Something specific, or the whole NK cell function assay for all types of NK cells?

And who does the labs, just LabCorps or someplace like that, or through Unevx (new vipdx) or University of Miami?

TinyT

Hey Willow,

I dont know much about the 'new' VIPdx but looking at their old test order forms, they did have a full NK cell function assay. However, you could also contact them to get specific parts of tests offered (e.g. instead of the whole herpes virus profile, just CMV), so if you know which exact part you want you could see if you could just get that (& save some money!)

Good luck on getting the test!

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
hi tiny :)

I did see that form, but I found it confusing. It looked like they would check the count and function of the entire set of NK cells, but when checking for markers (on lymphocytes, so I wasn't sure if that was NK cells or other lymphocytes or both) it didn't seem to list the numbers I was expecting from the research papers, but I am not sure I understood the papers all that well.

Since I don't have a doctor that knows what to do, I was hoping someone could tell me whether the doctor could order count and function of entire set of NK cells through some lab that my insurance would cover and whether that would give us the info that was needed, or what specific part to request to confirm diagnosis of ME/CFS (entire assay would probably be helpful, but seems expensive).