• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Genetic testing recommendations

I was going to order the 23andme test but I see the FDA has shut them down. Anyway I was wondering if someone could recommend another good place to order the test from along with an interpretation.

I suspect I could have the MTHFR mutation. I've been trying to treat thyroid/adrenal issues for years with little to no success. I also tested positive for gluten/casein sensitivities. I suspect I have other things going on because I just can't find relief of symptoms on any diets or hormone replacement protocols. I want to explore/treat possible gene mutations first and then move on to Lyme testing if that doesn't work.

I've read nothing but good things about 23andme and it's a shame the FDA has to stick it's nose in it. I guess they were helping too many people get well without the aid of the wonderful medical establishment.

I was going to order the 23andme test but I see the FDA has shut them down. Anyway I was wondering if someone could recommend another good place to order the test from along with an interpretation.
They aren't shut down, and still give all the same info about your SNPs. They just aren't allowed to list your risk factors and such.