• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gammanorm immunoglobulin and low white blood cell count

I am about to start with Gammanorm subcutaneously, prescribed by KDM. What really worries me is about white blood cell count. Mine is already on low side, sometimes it is below border, sometimes just on the low side. I read that one of the known side effects of immunoglobulin is leukopenia (a lowered WBC number). So this could lower my wbc even further if I understand correctly. Isn't that dangerous and contradiction to my treatment?

Is here anybody who was treated by immunoglobulin and was observing wbc? Does it really have so bad affect?

hi . ive been on gammaglobulin for 10 yrs. first on iv. now on subq. i have common variable immune deficiency. or cvid. my white count was already very low before my treatment. so i dont blame the g.g. after treatment it did go up. but last blood work it was low. definately never heard that about g.g..

good luck joanierav