I posted a while ago about his. I have had it for about 8 mos. First on and off then last couple of months constant. I had tried everything in my cupboard to see it it would go away with no success I noticed a bag of xylitol in the back of cupboard and 2 days ago started sprinkling it on my tongue several times a day.........gone, no more feeling like I have a wad of tin foil in my mouth! I know there are lots of claims as to the benefits of xylitol but dont know how much research backs up the claims. Any ideas why this would have relieved my symptoms? They say it kills bacteria, but dont think that would be the only cause of this a I had tried peroxide as well as betadine rinse and surely that would have killed bacteria. Also claim it kills certain yeasts??? It makes your mouth evironment alkaline. Along with the metallic taste came severe chapped peeling lips, thats also gone. Now if I can just find a solution for my other mystery symptom.......sores on my scalp!