• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Food Cravings

vamah

I periodically get overwhelming cravings for sugar that last a few days at a time. I'm not talking about eating half a box of cookies because they taste good or because I'm hungry and that's what's there -- I am talking about specific cravings for sweet baked goods that wake me up in the middle of the night even though I am not usually a big dessert eater. I am a believer that food cravings are the body's way of telling you that it needs something, but I'm not sure what that is -- as far as I know I don't have low blood sugar. Has anyone else experienced this?

lansbergen

I . I am a believer that food cravings are the body's way of telling you that it needs something,

I do think that too and gave my body what is asked for. Could be sweets or fat or protein or salt. Whatever it wanted I ate.it at the time it wanted it.