The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Fibromyalgia: Mucosal-Associated Invariant T Cell Is a Potential Marker

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by aimossy, Apr 18, 2015.

1. aimossy

aimossy Senior Member

Mucosal-Associated Invariant T Cell Is a Potential Marker to Distinguish Fibromyalgia Syndrome from Arthritis

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0121124#pone-0121124-g003

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    Bob, rosie26 and oceiv like this.
  2. aimossy

aimossy Senior Member

This isn't ME/CFS research and I had an ME moment about where to put this thread. I should have put it in the "other research" section. I can't delete this now. Dear @Kina or @Sushi you might wish to move the thread. Sorry.

3. Sushi

Sushi Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Brain fog strikes again!:confused: I moved it.

Simon and aimossy like this.
  4. aimossy

aimossy Senior Member

Sushi likes this.
  5. aimossy

aimossy Senior Member

Not sure what I make of this paper at all, but felt it should be flagged up.
    @Jonathan Edwards you might be interested in seeing if this is up to scratch or interesting. I haven't read it properly, only skimmed.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    Simon likes this.
  6. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards "Gibberish"

It seems to be a jumble to me. In relation to the recent thread on the poor quality of scientific papers one has to ask how this paper got through peer review - just in terms of data presentation. The authors do not seem to have much clue about the diseases they are studying either. I could not work out what the interesting result was, to be honest.

Valentijn, rosie26 and aimossy like this.
  7. aimossy

aimossy Senior Member

Thanks @Jonathan Edwards
    I have read it a wee bit more and it just gets more confusing the more you read. It has some of those broadbrush statements that red flag me and I was struggling with clarity regarding the data re the "jumble". I was a bit wary because even with my limited knowledge I can usually make more sense of what is going on within a paper and it's all over the show. I thought you might spot fast if it had some really good merits in there.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015

See more popular forum discussions.