• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

fibro/cfs in horses, any relevant to us people

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I have been googling different vitamin injections and keep coming accross different vitamin injection used in races horse experience fatigue and muscle soreness called tying up syndrome. B12 and folic acid injections seem popular but notice b multi injections and high dose b1 inj as well as vit c injections and a few others that im not sure would be helpful in people, also tying up syndrome where as well as tying up syndrome where atp injections are used and a vitamin combo called kynoselen is commonly used. Im not saying animal injections are the way to go even though i have seen blogs where bodybuilders use them and seem to get benefits with no side effects. There must be human grade injections available i assume. kynoselen and b1 seem to get a good rap for energy. Has anyone else used these type of injection with success or have an opinion. Maybe even a cocktail infusion good be a good treatment like the myers cocktail??

http://www.horsesuppliesdirect.com.au/category46_1.htm
http://www.horsesuppliesdirect.com.au/category37_1.htm

Tulip

Hmmm I have had horses and it isn't really fatigue. Their entire backend freezes up and they can't move. This can be prevented by allowing daily free time in the pasture and reducing grains in the diet. Maybe we should follow this advice? :Retro tongue:

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Tulip, so when they freeze up could this be similar to fibro in that many have alot of back pain from the neck to their limber spine freeze up, back muscles are supporting postural type muscles that are working all the time, the backend muscles of horses freezing up are postural type supporting muscles? Just wondering if its similar as many of the vitamin treatments recommended for the horses seem recommended for cfs/fibro, im just wondering if theres a similarity. Maybe we all need that free time in the pastures lol, i take it that free time is just rest? Maybe tying up syndrome is just mass hysteria amongst the horses, lol.

cheers!!!

Tulip

LOL

It's a bit different, in tying up or exertional rhabdomyolysis (it's technical name) the muscles can actually die because the blood supply is completely cut off to them and the horse often gets a high temp. Baking soda can help some horses. Out to pasture equals free natural movement and sunshine as opposed to being confined to a stable.