• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fed up with online recovery stories!!

Mij

I've eaten a healthy diet all my life, my mother cooked healthy homemade meals when I was growing up.

The only food that was missing from my diet all those years (pre M.E) was healthy fats, nuts and seeds. I've been eating a variety of them in large amounts the last 18 years. This has helped brain function. I have also cut out cow milk products and switched to goat cheeses- this has also been helpful.

I have no gut issues, so I'm subset that will not improve further by addressing the gut.

TigerLilea

I have no gut issues, so I'm subset that will not improve further by addressing the gut.
I've never had any apparent gut issues either as far as bloating, gas, IBS, constipation/diarrhea, etc. However, I've been on enough antibiotics over the past 25 years, did the prep for a colonoscopy, and had antibiotic associated diarrhea that lasted for 10 days after Amoxicillin to know that my gut bacteria has to be a mess. Many a person doesn't have any symptoms of gut issues but can have anxiety or depression which they are now thinking could also be related to the gut microbiome. Ninety percent of serotonin is in the gut. Even sleep issues and pain can be the result of low serotonin. So I think addressing the gut is going to be huge for many different health issues as more and more is learned about our gut microbiomes.

Valentijn

I feel kind of sad for this person. If she has a relapse, she's gonna think its so her fault.
I watched a bit of another video, and she's far from recovered. She has to use a wheelchair for the airport, and be careful about how active she is.

Her affirmation-based BS about healing seems extremely premature, to say the least. But she's crediting several quack programs with inspiring her ... gupta, optimum health, lightning process, etc.

She's still firmly entrenched in the brain-washed stage, and digging herself in pretty deeply by being so public about it. She's going to have trouble admitting she was fed a load of crap when reality finally sinks in.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Just loving the fact that 'this debilitating illness' as she puts it is helped by 'alternate nose breathing'... I mean - who knew?!!!!!

I was doing a lot of yoga and healing, including alternate nose breathing, before I got sick - didn't stop me from becoming ill so no reason to believe it will heal me.

I'm wondering though that if we had eaten healthy diets pre-CFS would we still have the same problems with our gut bacteria?

I had a very healthy diet for many years before becoming sick - in fact my diet is worse now as im too ill to shop or prepare food at times.

I think the concept of unexplained remission is one worth considering.

Unexplained remissions do happen - I had a long remission to around 90% functioning that lasted approximately 8 years. If you had asked me at the time I would have said that I had 'cured myself'. I didn't have an ME dx then, but suspected it (no internet then and Drs didn't really know about it) I spontaneously recovered, but was also doing yoga, reiki etc at the time (I was less ill then than I am now). I would happily have made a video to put on You Tube saying reiki or yoga or whatever had cured me - I was pretty smug about it at the time. No idea I would get sick again years later, or that I still did have very mild ME.

L'engle

moogle
Yikes, that's sad to hear the woman in the video is not even actually recovered. Well, we will be here for her if she has to change her views eventually. The denial process is some powerful stuff!

If this is your video and you read all this, we are here for you!

Glycon

World's Most Dangerous Hand Puppet
Y'all are mistaken. CFS is simply all those pesky body thetans.
L. Ron Hubbard and Tom Cruise guarantee it! :thumbsup: