• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fatigue behind the eyes....

soxfan

Another new type of fatigue for me has arrived. I have had it on and off but mostly on for about 3 weeks now. It is a feeling of pressure fatigue behind my eyes. I feel it almost upon getting up in the morning. I don't have any type of headache or sinus pain.
This is like a nagging fatigue in my head that makes it really difficult to read or do anything that has to do with concentration. I just want to close my eyes and rest.

I am not having muscular fatigue along with this...just the tiredness behind my eyes. It almost feels like they are kind of burning too like when you don't get enough sleep. I have been sleeping pretty well so I don't think it has to do with that.

Anyone else get this...?

merylg

Yes I had this on B12, and worse on B12 & Gabapentin 100 mg. had to stop both. Still experience dry eye & feeling of dehydration overnight but this is improving with new fresh food diet, no sugar, no bread, no potato, no pasta, no cereal, no cakes, no biscuits, no lollies...no reactive foods.
Also heard that too much protein in diet can lead to dehydration.

I get pressures in eyes tested & they have been 10 (low normal).

rosie26

Yes I get this too Soxfan, I have it off/on from time to time. Sore and fatigued behind the eyes, and the need to close your eyes. I am trying to remember what I made of it. I think it was about three months ago when I last had it.

Yes, I wondered also if I had overdone reading, sometimes we can read more than other times depending on where our ME is at at the time. Which could also stir up muscle inflammation behind the eyes or neural inflammation ?

Merylg suggested getting eyes tested. I think that is a good idea. Something I should do myself. x

soxfan

Had my eyes tested less than a year ago. I am thinking you could be right on the inflammation theory as when I had Lyme I had a terrible burning in my eyes. I had them tested for dry eye and they weren't dry at all according to the doctor. I had been using Thera tears to no avail which explains why it didn't help.
It happens almost immediately upon getting up in the morning before I have even done anything...
I am beginning to worry my Lyme might be returning as I have been having some other issues....Thanx

rosie26

I think we are very deeply caught up with inflammation Soxfan. You probably would notice a tightness feeling behind the eyes with it too. A feeling of lack of stretch. There is also the soreness with some hot burning feeling which is a sign of inflammation.

Ema

I get this all the time. I don't know what causes it but I don't even remember life without it. It isn't relieved at all by sleep.

Ema

soxfan

I think I might have had this years ago but not ever for extended periods of time. Sleep or even closing my eyes for a while doesn't relieve it. I sometimes sit in a chair and just rest with my eyes closed but as soon as I open them I can still feel it...ugh

rosie26

I know these symptoms can be so worrying Soxfan. They never seem to conform to a specific time period. Sometimes it has lasted just a day, other times for a week or longer. I still don't get it and I have had ME for 12 years. See a doctor if really concerned but I'm sure I don't really need to remind you that. x Rest up as much as you can. I tend to just go with it, lay down and close my eyes and rest. It passes eventually.

I just forgot to mention, I usually lay down with a cold flannel over my eyes, seems to help.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I sometimes get this and blame it on an increase in my mild sinus problems (that would be an increase in inflammation). I mostly ignore it. If I have time, I use my neti pot which seems to help some.

soxfan

We have been having temps.. in the 90's now for a few weeks so maybe it has something to do with that. The humidity is really high and the air seems very stagnant. I am use to 90's in the summer but not like this...guess I better because I am moving to NC this fall....