International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day Is On May 12, 2018
Thomas Hennessy, Jr., selected May 12th to be our international awareness day back in 1992. He knew that May 12th had also been the birthday of Florence Nightingale. She was the English army nurse who helped to found the Red Cross as well as the first school of nursing in the world.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Excessive activity of the sympathetic nervous system

Discussion in 'Autonomic, Cardiovascular, and Respiratory' started by olegsel, Aug 12, 2018 at 3:59 PM.

1. olegsel

olegsel

Excessive activity of the sympathetic nervous system depletes the body.
    It leads to improper management of the heart, stomach, overload on the thyroid gland, decreased immunity. Chronic stress - insomnia, fog, inflammation of the central nervous system ....

anxiety syndrome, stress, depression, insomnia, headaches
    asthma, diabetes, spastic colitis
    ischemic heart disease, high blood pressure
    inflammation, chronic pain syndrome, lack of energy, temperature

We take to reduce the activity of the sympathetic nervous system - benzodiazepines, anti-inflammatory, antioxidants ....

How to reduce the activity of the sympathetic nervous system.
    It can be active as a result of inflammation of the infection, and the answer is obvious.

Hormones, blockers (adreno), substances that reduce the amount of catecholamines, substances that affect the receptors of dopamine, serotonin, herbs .....

How to increase the proportion of the parasympathetic nervous system, except meditation and work with the vagus nerve?

What do you know about this?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018 at 4:20 PM
    echobravo likes this.
  2. Wolfcub

Wolfcub Senior Member

Herbs like Camomile, Skullcap, Valerian are quite strong and can help balance the parasympathetic nervous system with the symphathetic.
    Peppermint can also help as a relaxant for smooth muscle. Lavender is another idea. Lavender flowers can be drunk as a tea.
    Also possibly melatonin supplements? Meditation may also help.
    It doesn't always have to be about benzos.

I don't know an awful lot about dysautonomia, but know something about herbs, having worked with them since the 80s.

Sidny, sb4 and echobravo like this.
  3. pamojja

pamojja Senior Member

Austria
    With all the different diets recommended, I find the approach of the late Dr. Nicolas Gonzales interesting, in that he prescribed a specific diet according to dominance in his cancer practice. Here the notes I jotted down from one of his interviews:

Two links with discussions of him: http://www.dr-gonzalez.com/crayhon.htm http://www.dr-gonzalez.com/totalhealth_11_06.htm#diets

Since I've been basically vegan for 30 years and after getting really sick at age 40, I gradually added eggs, fish and even a bid (organically raised) beef back in. Since I did experience a remission (from PAD) 4 years ago, additionally to diet changes also really did well on high doses of all nutrients mentioned, I assume to match the mixed type best.

echobravo likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.