• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Everytime I eat I get Hungry in 30mins to an 1.5 hours

Justin30

Its weird some meds no problem...some meds i need to never put that in again.

Rifaxamin doesnt enter the blood stream kind of like Nystantin. If it just goes through im ok.

Grigor

Hmm I tried it for a week. Was off the planet from just a small piece so stopped. And felt blubber coming up .
Might need to try it again maybe. Standing is a real issue for me too

Justin30

But it does nothing for the OI POTS??

Just ate...

Oh yeah florinef works....i think a combo with a beta blocker will be better though. But i can stand way longer now. No extremely high spikes in heart rate and my blood pressure has seemed to normalize.

What would really be the icing on the cake is if I figureed out how to improve corculation. Methycobolamin B12 Injections help but dont last long.

ryan31337

One of the strangest things I would experience is if I would eat right before bed i would wake up STARVING but if I didn't eat before bed I wouldnt wake up hungry. Doctors were clueless about this lol

I find if I eat certain foods I'll get hungry again more quickly than reasonable. Steak has this effect, rice too.

A second meal soon before bed helps me sleep through, otherwise I'll often wake up hungry and wide-awake around 4am. Definitely feels like everything is on high-alert and not at rest, which tallies with the POTS research into sleep I guess. If I can get back off to sleep again without eating (rare) I'll then usually wake up later with the hunger gone - its like everything has then actually switched off as it should. This tends to match the research and my own crude observations of light sleep early in the night and abnormally deep sleep later, in the hours before waking.

Justin30

Hmm I tried it for a week. Was off the planet from just a small piece so stopped. And felt blubber coming up .
Might need to try it again maybe. Standing is a real issue for me too

Really...lol...what kind of symptoms???

I didnt notice any till I blubbed Up!!!

I can tell that my blood vessels arent used t the extra volume if that makes sense....there like where did all this blood come from....

Not like the brain drain I would get when standing up before Florinef.

I tried a magnesium and taurine shot the other day along with B12 and it definately improved circulation. The problem is it doesnt last.

I may try an experimwnt with AAKG. as this will vasodilated with more blood volume and possible get the added affect of more GH production.

I may try vinocetine to as I have a bottle.

Justin30

I find if I eat certain foods I'll get hungry again more quickly than reasonable. Steak has this effect, rice too.

A second meal soon before bed helps me sleep through, otherwise I'll often wake up hungry and wide-awake around 4am. Definitely feels like everything is on high-alert and not at rest, which tallies with the POTS research into sleep I guess. If I can get back off to sleep again without eating (rare) I'll then usually wake up later with the hunger gone - its like everything has then actually switched off as it should. This tends to match the research and my own crude observations of light sleep early in the night and abnormally deep sleep later, in the hours before waking.

Steak and Rice are the only things that keep me full. Lol

I have to eat before bed too. If I dont I will not fall asleep period.

I am on a crazy combo of sleep meds that makes me sleep so long. Trazadone and low dose Rameron (i fluctuate the dose so i dont build tolerance) I can sleep 15 hours no interuptions. I tried Doxepin and clonaz....barely 8....

One thing I wonder if I would be better off not on any sleep meds or on natural ones.

ryan31337

Steak and Rice are the only things that keep me full. Lol
Odd isn't it! I'm also the polar opposite when it comes to fatty foods too, I have become progressively intolerant to fatty foods in step with POTS deterioration. It's to the extent now that fatty chicken thigh will set off GI problems but chicken breast won't o_O

One thing I wonder if I would be better off not on any sleep meds or on natural ones.
The only brush with sleep meds that I've had was melatonin many years ago. Pretty sure the heavy handed neurologist I was seeing at the time went way OTT with the dosage and it caused more harm than benefit, i've stayed away since.

Thankfully my sleep disruption is nearly always reactive and I have a handle on the causes now. I have to limit activities and plans considerably to not trigger the sleep disruption, but I figure it's better to accept the warning sign and not push past it.

Justin30

Odd isn't it! I'm also the polar opposite when it comes to fatty foods too, I have become progressively intolerant to fatty foods in step with POTS deterioration. It's to the extent now that fatty chicken thigh will set off GI problems but chicken breast won't o_O

The only brush with sleep meds that I've had was melatonin many years ago. Pretty sure the heavy handed neurologist I was seeing at the time went way OTT with the dosage and it caused more harm than benefit, i've stayed away since.

Thankfully my sleep disruption is nearly always reactive and I have a handle on the causes now. I have to limit activities and plans considerably to not trigger the sleep disruption, but I figure it's better to accept the warning sign and not push past it.

I do have to admit that is quite strange....but dose make sense....I remember reading about something ME related that discussed poor absorption of fats due to changes in enzym3 activity/absorption.

I tried a couple weeks back going on high protein, high fat and low carb....wont do that again. Felt aweful....i dont know why Dr Wahls and MS patients can handle it so much better?

I remember when I got sick two things happened...I woke up with the worst anxiety I ever had followed by the feeling that I didnt sleep at all, even though I was out for 8 hours. The next night tried Niquil no change but felt kinda weird in the morning...since then I rigfled through a couple sleep meds.

Worst med by far Venafalaxine SSRI thought I was going to die literally.

ryan31337

Worst med by far Venafalaxine SSRI thought I was going to die literally.
With you on that at least! I tried an SSRI once for energy, what a horrible experience. Spent a couple of weeks of adaptation feeling like I'd been run over by a truck, which lifted to be followed by unpleasant persistent hypomania.

I do a lot better on beta blockers and pizotifen (migraine prophylaxis) - both serotonin antagonists, go figure...

Justin30

With you on that at least! I tried an SSRI once for energy, what a horrible experience. Spent a couple of weeks of adaptation feeling like I'd been run over by a truck, which lifted to be followed by unpleasant persistent hypomania.

I do a lot better on beta blockers and pizotifen (migraine prophylaxis) - both serotonin antagonists, go figure...

One of the first things I was told about from my ME Dr was about issues with seratonin. He mentioned it all has to do with freE radicals messing with the conversion of TYROSINE to Seratonin, therefore when you add an SSRI you body is and brain are like I only have enoUgh for basic processes WTF.

This is supposedly why we get aweful reactions to these meds.

Hi Everyone,

I have been getting this weird unfull feeling even though I am eating enough.

It seems as though everytime I eat i am hungry within 30 mins to an 1.5 hours after eating.

My meals are about 80% organic foods.

I eat full plates of containing carbs, fats proteins. I am on point with my diet.

I have a lot of neuro sensory, neuromuscular and neuro cog symptoms. I also have confirmed POTS.

does anyone experience this?

Here is aother example its like I eat and the food doesnt even seem to go into my stomach to get full...it just goes right into the intestines

I get so hungry all the time that I can eat like 5 to 10 times per day....

Does anyone have some insight?

Thank you in advance
My guess is that it's diabetes related. Excessive hunger is a classic symptom.

Art Vandelay

I was just tested.

Any suggestions on a different method of testing to catch it if it is in fact that?

Which test did they use? The standard blood glucose tests are not adequate for picking up diabetes or insulin resistance until it's way too late.

I was given a two hour glucose tolerance test with matching insulin levels.

The doctor who diagnosed me with insulin resistance believes that the current method of testing for diabetes is flawed because it doesn't take insulin levels into account. For example, my blood glucose results during the glucose tolerance test would be categorised as 'normal'. However, my corresponding insulin levels were many orders of magnitude higher than normal. As they explained it, my body was having to produce enormous amounts of insulin just to keep my glucose levels in the 'normal' range.

Hi Everyone,

I have been getting this weird unfull feeling even though I am eating enough.

It seems as though everytime I eat i am hungry within 30 mins to an 1.5 hours after eating.

I have a lot of neuro sensory, neuromuscular and neuro cog symptoms. I also have confirmed POTS.

does anyone experience this?

Here is aother example its like I eat and the food doesnt even seem to go into my stomach to get full...it just goes right into the intestines

I get so hungry all the time that I can eat like 5 to 10 times per day....

Does anyone have some insight?

Thank you in advance

Diabetes Type 2? Your Insulin not participate in digestion ?

Grigor

Which test did they use? The standard blood glucose tests are not adequate for picking up diabetes or insulin resistance until it's way too late.

I was given a two hour glucose tolerance test with matching insulin levels.

The doctor who diagnosed me with insulin resistance believes that the current method of testing for diabetes is flawed because it doesn't take insulin levels into account. For example, my blood glucose results during the glucose tolerance test would be categorised as 'normal'. However, my corresponding insulin levels were many orders of magnitude higher than normal. As they explained it, my body was having to produce enormous amounts of insulin just to keep my glucose levels in the 'normal' range.
Could my gp do this test as well. And is there any treatment for insuline resistance??

Art Vandelay

Could my gp do this test as well. And is there any treatment for insuline resistance??

A GP in Australia can order a glucose tolerance test quite easily (I'm not sure what the case is in other countries). My doctor had to make sure to specify "glucose tolerance test with matching insulin levels" and to make sure that the pathology clinic would do this because it is not common to have the insulin tested as well .

As for treatment for insulin resistance, I think they recommend diet and exercise. Obviously I can't exercise, so I am on a low carbohydrate diet ( largely Paleo/ketogenic) which has helped my blood glucose levels stabilise. I'm also taking metformin.

Grigor

A GP in Australia can order a glucose tolerance test quite easily (I'm not sure what the case is in other countries). My doctor had to make sure to specify "glucose tolerance test with matching insulin levels" and to make sure that the pathology clinic would do this because it is not common to have the insulin tested as well .

As for treatment for insulin resistance, I think they recommend diet and exercise. Obviously I can't exercise, so I am on a low carbohydrate diet ( largely Paleo/ketogenic) which has helped my blood glucose levels stabilise. I'm also taking metformin.
Tried Metformine but couldn't handle it. Sadly. As I can't tolerate any meds or supplements. So not sure if it was the metformine or me