• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ERV (Scienceblog.com)'s take on CDC's paper....and Alter's paper's review process...

HowToEscape?

"At the very most a link should be posted..."

This could be a rare case where 'go take a look' is not a good thing. That generates traffic to ERV's otherwise unnoticable blog and seems to add fuel to the phenomenon.
It may not be a productive venue; skepticism is a good thing - uncritically piling all attention on one suspect and finding it's only a sideshow would not be a great thing - but a rubbish match is not.

I'm guessing the writer is 20-ish; if it were a guy he'd have his cap on backwards and have underwear showing. Trying to have an adult conversation with such just makes one into a fool; maybe folks having recent experience parenting insolent teens can do it, but you can't dock their car keys and drinking money via the web.

We can import some ideas but not the tone from that blog and address them; not to discuss anything with ERV but to have considered and factual responses ready should any of that snark filter its way into news articles etc.

Daffodil

i sent a follow-up post after i used the C word and apologized - and asked for the post to be deleted. obviously, she didn't listen. lol