• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Equilibrant/Oxymatrine Reactions

shannah

I've only been on it for a week - and only a low dose of 1/2 tablet 3 x day. I've seemed to have gone through one short 'herx' type period with incredible head pressure, headaches, nausea, extra tiredness and sleeping, extra 'crunchies'/hardness in muscles, etc.

But it's the head symptoms that have increased much more dramatically with more disorientation, off balance, dizziness, cognitive impairments & all round 'wierd' feeling making it even more difficult to try to function.

Wondering what other people's reactions have been with this.

Also concerned that it wouldn't be antagonist towards XMRV and replicate it further, although to my knowledge most of these ingredients would be beneficial certainly for viruses. But retroviruses may be another story. Does anybody know definitively?

(Ingredients: Astragalus, Sophora Root, Olive Leaf, Licorice Root Shittake Mushroom, Vitamin A, D, Calcium, Selenium)

shannah

Thanks so much for sharing Timaca.

I remember reading your journey once before but alas have retained nothing. So will check it out again. Thanks for the link.

Anyone else's experiences would be appreciated as well.

Unfortunalely I had kidney problems with Dr Chia's pills - he said I increased the rate too fast. I thought I was going really slowly - was fine for 5 weeks and then on the 6th week and a further increase - I suddenly was in incredible pain and for the next 6 weeks my kidneys were in bad shape - I"m fine now - stopped taking it immediately. So do be careful.

shannah

Unfortunalely I had kidney problems with Dr Chia's pills - he said I increased the rate too fast. I thought I was going really slowly - was fine for 5 weeks and then on the 6th week and a further increase - I suddenly was in incredible pain and for the next 6 weeks my kidneys were in bad shape - I"m fine now - stopped taking it immediately. So do be careful.

Frankie - Thanks for relaying your experience. Glad you've returned to baseline.

I've been on it for a month and am now at 2 1/2 pills a day. It's really hard to evaluate as on the negative side I've been very sick - lots of increased symptoms. The neuropathy is greatly increased and the inflammation is at a scary probably even dangerous level. But on the plus side my head seems to be clearing just a tiny bit and the constant pulsating in my brain seems to be calming down. Nasty infected cysts and boils are forming in and around the ears and temples. I was plagued with hundreds of these in the early years so I'm trying to decide if the E. is causing a shift in my immune system to work better to draw the infection outwards or if the E. is actually causing the virus to replicate faster.

Just too soon to tell. Jury is still out. I certainly can't afford to get worse than I am but I also don't want to give up too early and miss out on something that may bring some functionality to my life. But your caution of going slowly is appreciated. I was thinking about increasing by 1/2 pill tomorrow but I may reconsider.

Thanks again Frankie. Appreciate so much hearing from you.