• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Energy, ageing and mitochondrial dysfunction

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
This is an interesting new article on the Alliance for Natural Health (ANH) website:

http://anh-europe.org/news/anh-intl...ergy-reserve-or-age-prematurely-and-die-early

There is a lot that is directly relevant to ME, and chronic fatigue syndrome is explicitly referred to. Some is clearly not relevant, such as advice to exercise, but most of it seems good to me.

The ANH has a lot of good stuff on its site, but I disagree with a little of its content and quite often with its manner. For example I found their piece on Angelina Jolie's mastectomy most inappropriate. I don't think that they should publicly target individuals who have been forced to make difficult, drastic decisions and go public to help other women in a similar situation, which I have no reason to doubt was her intention. In any case, if she hadn't gone public, the tabloid snooping industry would have had a field day.

Just saying that there is a need to use the site with an open but critical mind (not so open that your brains fall out, as one wit said - can't remember who)