• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

EMEA Organises Meeting in EU Parliament on Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME)

A.B.

The European ME Alliance is a collaboration of 13 Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) organisations in European countries who have the common aim of promoting biomedical research into Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and increasing awareness of this debilitating neurological disease.

Following months of planning EMEA is arranging a high-level meeting in the European Parliament on 7th March 2017.

The meeting will cover different topics that EMEA feel of which Members of the European Parliament ought to be aware - including creating awareness on the quality of life and disability regarding people with ME.

An agenda has been created by EMEA in cooperation with Mrs Helga Stevens MEP.

The meeting will be held with breakfast and it is hoped that EMEA can begin the process of adjusting the perception, treatment and funding of research for myalgic encephalomyelitis within the political environment in the EU.

The line-up of speakers includes Dr Ian Gibson (UK), Dr Olli Polo (Finland), Dr Anne-Marie Uyttersprot (Belgium), Nancy Van Hoylandt (EMEA Belgium), Dr Louise Brinth (Denmark), MEP László Lovász (Hungary - UN Convention on Rights of persons with Disabilities), and Dr Nigel Speight (UK).

Other researchers from Europe will be present and supplementing the discussions - to be announced.

Read the rest here: http://euro-me.org/news-Q12017-002.htm

Barry53

Hopefully this will include not just highly technical scientific presentations, but also some examples of the powerful emotive real-people ME sufferers that are around. Need to connect not just with the technically aware, but with everyone.

ukxmrv

Here's a way for people in the UK to contact their MEP and ask them to attend the meeting

https://www.writetothem.com/

You can use this to find who your MEP is (or there may be more than one) and write an email. The website then sends it to them and with your email address for a reply.